Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Lord Will Provide

Genesis 22:8 & 14, "(8) Abraham answered, “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” And the two of them went on together...(14)So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, 'On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.'"

Displaying photo.JPG

Can I trust God as much as Abraham? Abraham was going to sacrifice his only son because he trusted in the Lord and had faith that the Lord knew what he was doing. In the same way, God sacrificed his only son to save all of us...all of us sinners. Can you imagine? Sacrificing the one thing that means the most to you here on earth? I couldn't imagine the fear and terror that they felt. But maybe they didn't feel terror at all. Maybe they were rest-assured in God's Heavenly wisdom, which goes to show how awesome their faith was.

Even though I am only sacrificing clothes, I trust that the Lord will provide for my needs. I hope that someday I will be willing to sacrifice what I need to and not question God. I hope that I will come to a place in my life and be able to say, "The Lord will provide" and not worry or be anxious about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment