Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Overwhelmed

IThis past week I have been really busy with work and getting ready for vacation. Instead of being happy that I am going on vacation, I have been overwhelmed with "things to do". I have made multiple lists of things to do each day before I leave as well as a list of items to pack. Each day, I cross off items on my list and try to feel better about what I accomplished. BUT, then I look at the items I did not finish and feel overwhelmed all over again. I stay up late; I wake up early. I am hoping that with all of these lists and to dos, I can still leave for vacation with my sanity in place. 

I also think my relationship with God is that way. I make mental checklist items of what I have done to show that I am a believer. For example, made profession of faith, check; joined a Bible study, check; and helped with youth group, check. But do these items on my check list ever show that I have a relationship with God? Not really. 

I know that my life would not be overwhelming if I just took a break from my to do list and spent time with my creator. I know that my feelings of being overwhelmed would vanquish and be replaced with tranquility.

Psalm 46:10 states, "He says, “Be stilland know that I am God.

 
I am donating this black pull over because I think it symbolizes the idea of taking off my overwhelming feelings and leaving them at the cross. Thank you God for letting me be still and find peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment