Sunday, April 20, 2014

He is Risen!




My last item! I have sorted my two boxes of clothing; one for Green Gables and one for the student at Godwin Heights. I will be delivering both boxes tomorrow to the people who will take them to their rightful owners. I will not be allowed to see either person receive the clothes since they both wanted to be kept anonymous. I am excited to be delivering these packages and cannot believe that I will be finished. This is my last entry for Lent 2014. Now where do I go?

Maybe the next time I go shopping, I should stop to ask myself, "Is this necessary?" Maybe next time I purchase an item, I ask God first. 

Hopefully I can find that I give more than I get. Hopefully I learned not to be so focused on materials. Hopefully I learned to not be so protective over stuff.

I know that I grown closer to God by doing this blog and by giving up my clothes/shoes. I have enjoyed making connections between reading the Bible, my personal life, and lent. Above all, I thank God for his ultimate sacrifice. I thank God for sacrificing his son so that by sins could be washed whiter than snow. Thank you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment